Home Hockey Texas Rangers’ Quest for World Series Glory Hangs in the Balance as Game 5 Approaches

Texas Rangers’ Quest for World Series Glory Hangs in the Balance as Game 5 Approaches

by americanosportscom

World Series Game 5 Preview: Rangers Look to Close Out Series Against D-backs

PHOENIX — The Texas Rangers and their devoted fans are well aware of the unpredictable nature of baseball. The franchise still feels the sting of being one strike away from their first World Series title in 2011. The memories of those missed opportunities haunt the Texas faithful.

Despite their 3-1 lead in the best-of-seven World Series, the Rangers understand that historical statistics offer no guarantee of victory. In the history of best-of-seven postseason series, teams with a 3-1 advantage have gone on to win the series 85% of the time. However, that leaves a 15% chance for a comeback.

As Game 5 approaches at Chase Field, the Rangers find themselves in a prime position to achieve something they haven’t done since the Washington Senators relocated to Arlington in 1972. However, they face a resilient D-backs team that overcame a midseason slump, entered the playoffs as a six seed, and fought back from deficits against the reigning NL champion Phillies in the NLCS.

Corey Seager, the star shortstop for the Rangers and the current World Series MVP favorite, knows firsthand the challenges of rallying from a 3-1 deficit. He was part of the Los Angeles Dodgers team that accomplished that feat in the 2020 NLCS, ultimately winning the World Series.

“You can’t take anything for granted,” Seager emphasized. “They’re gonna scrap, they’re gonna fight, they’re gonna claw, and they’re never gonna give up.”

The D-backs demonstrated their resilience in Game 4, mounting a late-game comeback to force the Rangers to bring in closer José Leclerc. Thanks to reliever Ryne Nelson’s impressive performance, the D-backs were able to conserve their high-leverage relief arms for Game 5.

“Because of him, we’re going to be in a spot to

Related Articles

Leave a Comment