The Week 12 matchups in the NFL feature several interesting games with playoff implications. Here is a breakdown of some key games and their odds:
1. Patriots at Giants: This matchup has the lowest total on the Week 12 slate at 33.5. The Patriots are a 3.5-point road favorite, despite their struggles on the road this season. The Giants are coming off a strong offensive performance but are still considered underdogs.
2. Jaguars at Texans: This AFC South rivalry game has playoff implications, as both teams are vying for first place in the division. The Jaguars are a slim 1-point road favorite, and they have been performing well on the road this season. The Texans have struggled at home, making this an intriguing matchup.
3. Browns at Broncos: Both teams are making a push for a playoff spot and have been playing well recently. The Broncos are a 1.5-point favorite at home, but they have struggled to cover the spread at home this season. The Browns have been inconsistent on the road, making this a potentially defensive-led game.
4. Rams at Cardinals: The Rams are a 1-point road favorite, but there seems to be money coming in on the Cardinals. The uncertain status of Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp and the solid performance of Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray could impact the outcome. Both teams have had success against the spread this season.
5. Chiefs at Raiders: The Chiefs are currently a 9.5-point road favorite, but this line could change after the Chiefs’ Monday night game. The Raiders have performed well at home and have covered the spread in all but one game at Allegiant Stadium. The Chiefs have been inconsistent as a road favorite.
6. Bills at Eagles: The line for this game could see movement after the Eagles’ Monday night game. The Bills’ win over the Jets has already caused the line to drop from 3.5 points to a field goal. The Eagles have been strong at home, while the Bills have struggled on the road.
7. Ravens at Chargers: The Ravens are a 4-point road favorite, despite the injury to their top target Mark Andrews. The Chargers have struggled in close games under head coach Brandon Staley. Both teams have had mixed results against the spread in their respective situations.
8. Bears at Vikings (Monday): The Vikings have been a solid bet this season with a 7-3-1 ATS record. However, they have struggled at home. The Bears have been average on the road but showed promise with Justin Fields’ return. The total for this game is set at 45, with trends favoring the Under for the Vikings at home and the Over for the Bears on the road.If you’re seeking an offensive showdown, you may want to direct your attention elsewhere, as the upcoming Patriots versus Giants matchup boasts the lowest total on the Week 12 slate at 33.5 points. This figure dropped slightly from the initial total of 34. Neither team possesses a prolific offense, but the Giants did impress on Sunday with a 31-point effort in their victory over the Commanders, during which Tommy DeVito threw three touchdowns. However, oddsmakers remain unconvinced, as the Patriots, who enjoyed a bye week in Week 11, are favored by 3.5 points on the road. New England has struggled against the spread (ATS) on the road this year, going 1-3, while the Giants are 1-2-1 ATS at home.
In a crucial AFC South showdown, the Jaguars and Texans will battle it out with serious playoff implications at stake. These teams are separated by just one game for first place in the division, and a loss for the Texans could jeopardize their wild-card hopes. The Jaguars hold a slim 1-point advantage as the road favorites in this matchup. Houston has struggled ATS at home this season, going 2-3, while the Jags have excelled on the road, going 3-0 ATS. Notably, two of those ATS victories came as road favorites.
The Browns and Broncos, both AFC teams, are currently making a strong push for a playoff spot. The Browns, now 7-3, secured a win over the Steelers despite losing Deshaun Watson for the season. Meanwhile, the Broncos have won four consecutive games to reach a .500 record. Denver is favored by 1.5 points in this Week 12 clash, but they have struggled ATS at home, going 2-4, including a failed cover against the Vikings in Week 11. On the other hand, the Browns have not been particularly successful on the road, going 1-2-1 ATS away from home. With a total set at 36.5, this game may be dominated by defensive efforts from both teams.
The Rams are currently favored by 1 point on the road against the Cardinals, but there seems to be growing confidence in Arizona. The line initially opened with the Rams favored by 2.5 points, indicating that money is flowing in favor of the Cardinals. This shift makes sense, considering Kyler Murray’s solid performances since returning from injury a few weeks ago. Additionally, the uncertain status of Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp, who left Sunday’s game with an injury, may also be influencing the line. The Rams have gone 2-2-1 ATS on the road this year and 1-0 ATS as road favorites. Meanwhile, the Cardinals have performed well at home, regardless of their starting quarterback, and boast a 4-1 ATS record.
The Chiefs, fresh off their Monday night game against the Eagles, are currently favored by 9.5 points on the road against the Raiders. The Raiders suffered a loss to the Dolphins on Sunday, with quarterback Aidan O’Connell throwing three interceptions. Las Vegas has performed well ATS at home this season, going 4-1, and covered the only game in which they were not favored at Allegiant Stadium. As for the Chiefs, they have gone 2-2 ATS as road favorites in 2023.
Similar to the Chiefs-Raiders game, the line for the Bills versus Eagles matchup may see movement following the conclusion of the Eagles’ Week 11 game on Monday night. However, there has already been some movement, with Philadelphia initially favored by 3.5 points, which has since dropped to a field goal. This adjustment may be attributed to the Bills’ solid win over the Jets on Sunday, snapping a two-game losing streak. Lincoln Financial Field is known as one of the toughest venues in the NFL, and the Eagles have gone 2-1-1 ATS at home this season. On the other hand, the Bills have struggled on the road and hold a 1-3 ATS record away from Highmark Stadium.
The Ravens are favored by 4 points on the road against the Chargers in this matchup, and the line has remained relatively stable despite the loss of Lamar Jackson’s go-to target, Mark Andrews, to a serious ankle injury last week. This stability likely reflects the Chargers’ consistent struggles in one-score games under head coach Brandon Staley. The Chargers have gone 2-3 ATS at home this season, while the Ravens hold a 1-2 ATS record as road favorites.
The Monday night game features the Vikings hosting the Bears. Minnesota has been one of the more reliable bets this season, boasting a 7-3-1 ATS record. However, they have struggled at home, going 2-3 ATS. The Bears, on the other hand, hold a 3-3 ATS record on the road. Justin Fields showcased his skills in his return to action, rushing for 104 yards in a near upset over the Lions, indicating that the Bears could pose a challenge, especially when receiving 3.5 points. The total for this game is set at 45. The Under has hit in four out of five home games for the Vikings this season, while the Over has hit in four out of six road games for the Bears.
(Note: This revised content has been edited to resemble professional journalism for a newspaper, utilizing natural language and adhering to grammatical correctness. The output is formatted as HTML, with all details about the original writer and company removed.)they are 4-1 ATS on the road this season. The total for this game is set at 52.5, indicating that it could be a high-scoring affair.